The Wanted singing Afternoon Delight back in April of 2012
Just throwing this out there, if y’all try to say The Wanted copied One Direction with singing Afternoon Delight, they’ve been singing it for two years so this better not turn into a stupid argument
War Kitties in Hammocks
Carriers and other vessels got infested with rodents. So cats were not just moral boosters (which they very much were) they were also working members of the crew. Some have even been immortalized for surviving multiple attacks on their ships, etc. Military dogs have been recognized for the important roles they’ve played but I think cats kinda get lost in the shuffle of military animals sometimes.
Everyone, shut up a minute.
I’d watch that movie
oh yeah and i can’t believe it’s taken me this long to bring this up but i’m absolutely not here for people shading the “american girl today”/”my american girl” line because
- the line literally enables girls to create a doll that looks like them
- including a wide array of non-white skin tones and non-european features
- like black dolls with curly and textured hair
- or asian dolls that appear to have epicanthic folds
- and they’ve also released accessories like doll-sized wheelchairs, hearing aids, and crutches so that girls who aren’t able-bodied or are hard of hearing can have a little friend who shares their experiences
- and they’ve even begun to offer dolls without hair for little girls who have alopecia or have lost hair while battling cancer
- and basically if you don’t think that’s the tightest shit then get out of my face
Also: SERVICE DOGS.
IT’S SO CUTE IT EVEN HAS TRAINING TREATS. You go American Girl.
So this was sweet and cool, and then came the service dog. I think I woke Partner…
Reblogging because how can I not?! And, because disability representation (and people of color representation and everything else you can think of) in popular culture MATTERS.
it takes two
Meet Indiana and Harlow, Instagram’s dynamic doggie duo.
When it comes to being best friends, size definitely doesn’t matter.
Indiana is like a pint sized accessory Harlow likes to carry around. Depending on the occasion, Indiana makes the perfect hat. Or a cosy scarf.
Follow Indiana and Harlow to see what their next adventure will be.
NO I CANT